[QuadList] QuadQuiz--Why did RCA choose 6-mil head width for Super High Band experiments

chill315 at aol.com chill315 at aol.com
Sun Jun 30 20:32:50 CDT 2013

First it is nice in the Detroit area.  70s and 80s.

Question regarding super high band.

Was this developed to compete with the IVC-9000?

As I understand it, super high band was primarily developed for PAL 625.  The moire was reduced significantly.  The use of the pilot tone improved TBC operation.  NTSC benefited as well.

The market was already going to 1 inch so it did not offer any significant operational advantages.

These are casual observations only so do not take them for gospel.

Chris Hill