[QuadList] VR1200 Air System

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Mon Jul 20 12:33:25 CDT 2009

VR-1200 B Series Air Systems Hints and Kinks

VACUUM
The VR-1200 had a simple system.  The biggest problem  was the vacuum
system.  We added the Venturi to generate the vacuum and  just pulled the breaker
on the pump.  It made the machine a lot  quieter.  Also reduced the
maintenance.  Highly recommend installing  one.

The little glass jars were removed about every 50 to 100 hours of head use
and the little balls were cleaned.  The regulators would get all gummed up
with black dust particles and then the vacuum would start changing.  We
also cleaned the felts in Freon so that the particles would be removed from
them.  About every two years, they would get to the point where it was
replacement time.  The vacuum switch never seemed to change settings.   I think
we only adjusted it 2 or 3 times in about 10 years.

BEARING AIR

 The water trap separator built in the machine was the last in our  system
We had a compressor with oil and water separators plus a  cooler.  Then in
the tape area we again did traps and oil separators.   We had in the tape
area a final regulator and then individual valves to each  machine.  Thus the
only thing that was required was to a couple of times a  year just clean the
water trap in case anything got past all the others.   At that time, using
the regulator, I would check the air pressure switches on  all the machines
to make sure that they were working.  Never required  adjustment.

BLOWER AIR

 The squirrel cage blower for head cooling required cleaning every 100
hours or so.  It would get all the tape bits and the filter would start to  get
a lot of junk.  Just make sure the grid goes toward the blower part as  it
sucks from the head.  The filter will tear away from the grid.  One  thing
that we did was to blow off the deck before each session so that the tape
bits were removed daily before they got sucked into the  filter.
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323041x1201367261/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jul
yExcfooterNO62)